May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

"Shoutout to all the moms out there for the undying love for your child. No one can fathom that love unless you're a mom yourself."

I searched for Mother's Day quotes but I couldn't find an appropriate one which doesn't sound too proper so I just wrote my own. This year is quite a different Mother's Day celebration for me. Most friends I know back in the Philippines just had babies and I have a mother-in-law now. 

At my age I still could not fathom how it is to become a mother. It is more than providing for your child it is when you realize in your heart you are ready for this kind of love that binds with the responsibilities. I see the happiness in some of my friends' faces after giving birth. I see the new strength and it is amazing. But I cannot picture myself in that scenario... maybe one day it will come. Maybe not. 

All I know for now is that I am enjoying my time with my hubby. There is so much to see, so much to do to build our future. Only time will tell if I find in my heart that I will be ready to give a mother's love.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will not be tolerated!